Building my own computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemur

Beta member
I am (kind of) building my own computer, but I really know next to nothing about computer parts, what is good and what is not. I just kind of judge from the prices. However I found a website that will let you customize your own computer, but they will assemble it and ship it off to you (for a price, of course). mwave.com.au is the website. I am on a pretty strict budget, but I am hoping to get at least a moderately good gaming computer (I'm not after anything mind blowing). By budget is only in the 500 dollar range, anyway I found all the the list below on mwave for 630 bucks, which I am pretty sure I can afford but I was hoping that I might get some advice on whether or not this stuff will work together, or if there is something better I can get for cheaper or anything.

Thanks heaps for the help.

Black Mid Tower Chassis with 500W Power Supply

Intel Core i3 2100 Processor - Integrated Graphics - Sandy Bridge

Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H Motherboard

Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 RAM

Gigabyte GeForce GT 430 - 1024MB 128-bit DDR3 RAM

Seagate Barracuda 500GB

Lite-On 24x DVD-RW SATA

D-Link Wireless N 150

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 32bit - SP1

Unfortunately I can't, the jump from the i3 2100 (Which, if I understand my research properly is a bit old) to the i5 2400 is 75 bucks, which I can't really afford. And they have nothing in between, which I am assuming there is such a thing as an i4.

Well the i3 2100 is 2nd gen and the 3rd literally just came out yesterday so no, not old. You would be better off spending that extra 75 on a better GPU.

Yeah I looked at Newegg myself and a few other places, but Newegg (and Amazon) don't ship to Australia, plus as far as I can figure the same stuff is more expensive here in Aus, unfortunately.

If I drop my motherboard down to Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard will that hurt me? It's not a huge price difference but every little bit can help me especially because the difference between the GPU I have selected now and the next one up (Which is the Gainward GeForce GTX 550 Ti - 1024MB 192-bit GDDR5 RAM) is 60 bucks.

Edit: I should add, I have chosen the i3 as well, so if I can't take that cheaper motherboard it's not the end of the world. Just looking to save cash where and if I can.

Yeah I looked at Newegg myself and a few other places, but Newegg (and Amazon) don't ship to Australia, plus as far as I can figure the same stuff is more expensive here in Aus, unfortunately.

If I drop my motherboard down to Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard will that hurt me? It's not a huge price difference but every little bit can help me especially because the difference between the GPU I have selected now and the next one up (Which is the Gainward GeForce GTX 550 Ti - 1024MB 192-bit GDDR5 RAM) is 60 bucks.

Edit: I should add, I have chosen the i3 as well, so if I can't take that cheaper motherboard it's not the end of the world. Just looking to save cash where and if I can.

As far as I know of, no you won't loose much action at all when you get your core i3 2100 system up and running.
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-B75M-D3H (rev. 1.0)

If you really need to spec one mobo vs another one on internet searching and you'll find out quickly which is your calling and when another is not.

MSI Z77A-GD65 Motherboard Preview - Intel Z77 w/ Sandy Bridge - MSI Z77A-GD65 'Ivy Bridge' Motherboard - Legit Reviews
I was reading this just now, and I was thinking about you and this system, if you want to make sure whatever new board you get will be future proof ready for ivy bridge.
You might save enough money towards the end of the summer and might want to toss your core i3 to the side for a real monster. :D

For future reference, if you want to buy from newegg or amazon again, I suggest you look into a forwarding company and see how their rates are reputation is on getting stuff to people overseas.

https://www.bongous.com/
This is one starter that may help you in the future if you want to buy from out of the country like the USA or japan if optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom