AGP voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATi recommends 1.6v for the Radeon 9800 Pro. Mine is running at 1.7v (1.68v).

1.8v will not damage the video card, but it can damage the motherboard. Most motherboards are limited to 1.7v for this reason.

hey ag3 my friends 9700pro has something wrong w/ it. what could it be? it like has all these lines trhough it and stuff(on the screen). it looks like a mem error.

Well this goes back a few weeks. When i bought this card, sapphire sent me with cat 4.6, i upgraded to cat 4.11 off of ati's site. I tried running br1942dc and i had vpu recovery errors. I then decided to wipe my system drive, do a fresh install and try the omega drivers. I then tried bf1942dc and had the problem where during game play the screen would freeze with the sound doing strange things for about 5-10 seconds, then it would go back to the game right where it left off. Or the game would freeze and go to a black screen for 5-10 seconds, then go back to normal game play with no display, it would still be the black screen, but i could hear my player walking around, firing and such.

This would happen with bf1942dc, ms flight sim 2004, ms combat flight sim 3. I want to fix this before i buy hl2.

The psu does make sence for this, as for the cause for my problems.

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33030

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom