which video card should I go for

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomoreb

Baseband Member
Hello there...am about to build a PC for a client and just wanted to get so opinion on which Video card to use. I have read a few reviews but none seem to address my concerns. Okay the 2 cards am considering are these 2:
EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Now I would like to know if anyone feels one is better than the other and why if possible. Also am getting two of them which am going to setup for sli...I read somewhere that the TWIN FROZR II having metal casing is a terrible idea and having two of them in a system is not a good idea..is that true?

The rest of the specs is as follows
Case:
COOLER MASTER COSMOS II RC-1200-KKN1 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Motherboard:
ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Power Supply
Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-650 650W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified, Modular Design, Single +12V Rail, ATX12V v2.31/EPS12V v2.92, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active-PFC Power Supply

CPU:
Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.46GHz LGA 1366 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor

SOLID STATE DRIVE:
Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe MKNSSDCL120GB-DX 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Memory"
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory

Hard Drive:
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Blu Ray Drive
LG Black 10X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive 3D Playback & M-DISC Support Model UH12LS29 LightScribe Support

OS
Windows 7 Home

any input is highly welcome

and yes I know there are better Video Cards out there but am more interested in know if putting to of those twin frozr in there would cause over heating issues since it has metal casings or should I just go for the EVGA?

No the metal casing wont cause overheating, and honestly it will cool better than the eVGA card. Thing is, I always prefer eVGA for their excellent customer service and RMA department.

Why are you building an older rig when you can easily get a 2500/2600k setup?

No the metal casing wont cause overheating, and honestly it will cool better than the eVGA card. Thing is, I always prefer eVGA for their excellent customer service and RMA department.

Why are you building an older rig when you can easily get a 2500/2600k setup?

Ive already recommended upgrading it to Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme LGA 2011. Am waiting to hear back from him...am probably going add a few more upgrades for him...but i was just concerned if I eventually have to go with the TWIN ...thanks for the info...certainly appreciate it

ink the guy is into gaming and possibly design...But for his money I rather go up

Again, still wont get very much difference in performance for the 700 dollar price hike. Unless the guy really wants to spend that kind of money. You can even settle on the 3930k which is half the price of the 3960x. Like the difference between 1156 and 1366, 1155 and 2011 isn't much in the way of performance gains compared to the ridiculous price hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom