Am I screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krylon

Banned
My cpu is an athlon 1300 or something, and my temp is 73 degrees C. Is that bad? It has probabally been like that for many years. what shoud I do, If i decide to cool it down, will it increase performance?

it wont increase performance and for such a cheap processor its prolly not worth spending 30-40 on a nice heatsink... perhaps you should go for a different processor that will increase performanceand prolly run alot cooler(one with a heatsink), newegg has some damn cheap processors, i wouldnt suggest going xp-m tho, because your mobo might not recognize.

I could easily buy a 50 dollar amd 2200 xp and get a heatsink, but im making a new comp so im not sure. Maybe my bro gets this.

Mobile chip and a cheap $30 copper cooler should keep you below 40C easily, and it's probably only $130 if you shop around.

If you have had it many years... then chances are good the heatsink fan needs to be dusted! You may also want to consider cleaning the rest of your fans, and buying some Arctic Silver 5, and re-apply the thermal compound on your CPU. This would be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a new CPU. If your system is that old then you would most likely have to upgrade your MotherBoard, and with the Motherboard comes the RAM... before you know it your building a new computer! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom