Mixing memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=DFOX=-

Baseband Member
Is it ok to mix different brands of memory? I have Dells 512 right now, but I want to get another 512 of Corsair, will it matter?

only problem might be if they are different speeds, but it will still work, brand shouldnt matter, but the higher speed will have to slow down to the other speed.

You won't be able to run it in dual channel, but then again your motherboard might not even support it. If you don't know what dual channel is, then really don't worry about it lol

Im sure the dang Dell board wont support it. Can you guys tell me a way to check that? I cant even figure out what kind of board I have :(

Also, is there a way to check the speed of my existing memory without looking inside the case?

Geez, thanks, I've used that before but forgot about that, thanks for fixing MY memory.

If the DELL mobo supports the Corsair it should run ok. DELL mobos can be anal though with certain brands of RAM...so make sure it's compatible.

4W4K3 said:
If the DELL mobo supports the Corsair it should run ok. DELL mobos can be anal though with certain brands of RAM...so make sure it's compatible.

Were you talking to me? I don't have a dell, I would rot in hell before I buy one of those.
devil-smiley-019.gif
I have a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro mobo with a 2.8GHz Celeron @ 3.107GHz. Will it work or no?

Musjunk22 said:
Were you talking to me? I don't have a dell, I would rot in hell before I buy one of those.
devil-smiley-019.gif
I have a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro mobo with a 2.8GHz Celeron @ 3.107GHz. Will it work or no?

read it wrong..thought u said DELL mobo. It should work...unless the sticks are weird. But i'm certain they will mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom