The cause of my Graphics Card dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember for sure, but is there an option in Catalyst to automatically adjust the fan, or is that what it was set to, and it just wasn't working?

You can always try getting a different application to manage just your fan, as well. Check out EVGA Precision (get from Guru3D). IIRC, it still works with ATI cards.

Hey thanks for the reply. I downloaded Catalyst to manually adjust the fan so it wont over heat during game play but the weird thing is that it wont auto adjust (with or without catalyst) yet I can manually adjust the fan. So the fan itself is broken and there isn't anything wrong with the graphics card and its a fresh install of everything. So I can't work out why all of a sudden it can't auto adjust...

Hey the catylist program from ATI has overdrive with it :) I have everything manually adjusted at the moment I just can't work out why auto wont work on fan

pooooooosibly, the sensor on the card could be bad?

I don't think so because I was getting the same problem with my old graphics card and so dell replaced it with the exact same graphics card, brand new, and I still get the same problem :(

Probably the system is overriding the sensors ! That happened in Acer Aspire 5315 .. I remember it was shutting down because of overheating the processor !(The fan was not working inside the system) So it may be the same problem ...

The Acer fixed that with empowering software .. so ATI must have done something , search for it ! . I can't search now , I'm sorry .

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom