Decent gaming build - ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I would change is the GPU.

$210 - EVGA GTX 480. Same price as your current choice but with a lot more power; it will be warm though so would suggest using the mesh side-panel on your case.

$295 - EVGA GTX 570. Not sure its worth the $85 more performance wise versus the 480, but will run a bit cooler.

Thanks a lot. I will go with the 480 then.

I had planned on using the mesh side panel and mounting 4 fans, I was just curious should they be blowing in or out? Should all 4 be blowing the same direction?

As well, the CPU cooler I picked out looks rather lage, do you think I will have any problems with it?

I would say all four blowing air into the case, if they will all fit.
The cooler will work fine with the case, but you may not be able to mount a fan on the top left of the side panel.

How I set up fans: Intake = front, side, bottom; Exhaust = top, rear.

Get one 1TB drive its cheaper than 2 500GB drives. You can get a 1TB drive for around 100 bucks

Get one 1TB drive its cheaper than 2 500GB drives. You can get a 1TB drive for around 100 bucks

I had planned on putting them in raid 0 for performance. I forgot to mention that. I could be completely wrong as I have been about everything in this thread.

So I was about to place my order; and I went back and double checked everything. So I was looking at the SSD and I noticed the one I had chosen had:
Sustained Sequential Read: up to 280MB/s
Sustained Sequential Write: up to 270MB/s

I started to look at some slightly large drives and saw numbers such as:
Sustained Sequential Read: up to 500MB/s
Sustained Sequential Write: up to 95MB/s

I'm assuming the second would be better for performance because Windows typically is just going to be reading data, correct?

I am also wondering if I am making a bad decision by deciding the put the two seagate HDD's in raid 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom