My first Rig. Tell me what you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itare

Beta member
It's going to be for HD editing and gaming.

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-2700K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (WILL BE REPLACED BY IVY BRIDGE)
HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
90 GB Kingston HyperX 3K SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 555MB/s Read & 510MB/s Write
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, XFast Technologies, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, Display Port, 3x PCIe x16 (2 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 1x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+571] (EVGA Superclocked)
PSU: 750 Watts - Corsair Professional Series CMPSU-AX750 Gold 80 Plus Power Supply
CASE FAN: Maximum Enermax 120MM Case Cooling Fans for selected case (Maximum Silent Operation) (1,000 RPM Black Color with No LED Enlobal Magnetic Barometric Bearing 17 dBA)
Cooling Fan: Asetek 570LX Liquid Cooling system w/ 240MM Radiator and Dual Fans (Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ dual 200mm fans

What do you guys think about it? Improvements? Ty.

Lol I read that 90GB Kingston HyperX as RAM and was like dafuq??

Looks good to me, but I would get an Intel, OCZ, or Crucial SSD over the Kingston.

Also, I'm under the impression that with that liquid cooler you will be OCing, and with that in mind I don't recommend switching to Ivy Bridge later.

Judging by the way the OP was typed, I assume this is from Ibuypower of Cyberpower? Why not build your own, and save a few bucks? And for the GPU, unless you're getting a good deal on it go with the regular version. OC'ing a GPU is stupidly simple :big_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom