How much of a video card can 100$ buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it says you need 450W, that means that it is the MAX you will need for that card. You may never need that much. But it is always good to upyour PSU, so that you do not have to worry about it later when you update your system.
Wrong, video card makers mark a PSU limit as the minimum you need to run that card and a relative machine. Go to Nvidia's website and every single one of their cards says "Minimum PSU requirements ***w".

If I was you, go on Ebay and grab a GTX 465 then get this PSU.
Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

It would be loads better than something like a 6770.

Guess I was just looking at the AMD site that only says System Requirements, not max or minimum.
Yeah it is different on their respective sites, though not sure if in reality and not just syntax.

Nvidia GTX 460: "Minimum System Power Requirement (W) 450 W"
AMD HD 5750: "450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended"

I picked the 5750 from AMD since I have one and ran it and my Q6600 (both OC'd) on an Antec NEO ECO 400W.

@PP I didn't bother looking at Newegg, as they don't have all the info, usually. Like Roark said, it's different on the wording on the manufacturer's sites.

To me the wording is different but they both say the same thing. Minimum 450w required and 450w or greater recommended says the same thing no matter how fancy you make it.

Yea it took me 3 or 4 different cards to see it on Newegg.

That just made no sense. Price does not equal performance. It also depends what games you play and what settings you're on. And 1,000 different factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom