Pc crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the late reply.
Your hard drive is on it's way out. Backup important data while you can and look into getting a new hard drive.

I got told that it will bottleneck the GPU if it the cpu isnt overclocked............... :sad: And the pc already did a system restore, thats how i got it to load up :)
Just wanted to make a point here, a GPU can't be bottlenecked by a stock CPU if you can't game with it. When ever you have a crashing problem and you don't know what is wrong ALWAYS put your system back to stock and go from there. Even if your system is rock solid for normal things if you start experiencing crashes if your system is the slightest of unstable it can cause problems that will make you tear your hair out.

I would recommend backing up your data, reformatting the drive and reinstalling your OS.

That will solve little. His drive is on the way out. reloading Windows will not fix his problem.

Ok, so ive seen when my PC freezes, My HDL.E.D light stays on, i am unable to do ANYTHING. I take it my HD is stuffed? :|

Just wanted to make a point here, a GPU can't be bottlenecked by a stock CPU if you can't game with it. When ever you have a crashing problem and you don't know what is wrong ALWAYS put your system back to stock and go from there. Even if your system is rock solid for normal things if you start experiencing crashes if your system is the slightest of unstable it can cause problems that will make you tear your hair out.

So if i was to put it back to stock, it wouldnt bottleneck my GPU when i game ect? would it be worth me downgradeing to a lower gpu or something?

If this doesnt stop crashing, i am going to go on a computer killing massacre and launch my pc out my window!

If this doesnt stop crashing, i am going to go on a computer killing massacre and launch my pc out my window!
it's possible that some windows files are located on a bad sector of the platter, the drive can't read the bad sector and the system locks up. Doing a disk check should let windows find the bad sector and move the files unless the sector of the platter is so damaged those files can not be retrieved from a disk check.
A reinstall might work but I think when windows runs into that bad sector even during a clean install it'll most likely lock up on you. You can try using WD's software to locate and mark the bad sector but the only time I ever had any luck with something like that was when I used another program in dos to locate the place of the bad sector, then I partitioned the drive and did not use the partition with the bad sector. I'll need some time to locate that software but I think it was on the Ultimate Boot CD.
I was able to use this drive for a few more months but it died after that anyway
Several people have told you that you need a new hard drive because yours is screwed. What's so hard about that and getting a new drive?

Edit: just re-read this thread, did you do a disk check? if you did, what did windows report about the results?

This is what come up when i did a chkdsk

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Tom>chkdsk
The type of the file system is NTFS.

WARNING! F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
165888 file records processed.
File verification completed.
145 large file records processed.
0 bad file records processed.
2 EA records processed.
44 reparse records processed.
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
210716 index entries processed.
Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned.
0 unindexed files recovered.
CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)...
165888 file SDs/SIDs processed.
Security descriptor verification completed.
22415 data files processed.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
34926416 USN bytes processed.
Usn Journal verification completed.
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems.

976751968 KB total disk space.
165858500 KB in 95650 files.
59552 KB in 22416 indexes.
324 KB in bad sectors.
296064 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
810537528 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
244187992 total allocation units on disk.
202634382 allocation units available on disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom