Time for a new computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so far I'm thinking about AMD Athlon II X3 455, Kingston HyperX 8gb Memory, HD Radeon 6850, Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB, Asus 24xDvd Rw Internal OEM drive, DiabloTek 600w power suppy, Rosewill DESTROYER Mid Tower, and possibly this motherboard GIGABYTE GA-MA78LMT-S2.

Before I go buying this stuff, is all this going to be compatible while also leaving open some room for future upgrades?
And when I use the HDMI output on the Radeon 6850 will it carry both the display and audio through this single output to my HDTV? I will be passing this through a HD Yamaha Surround Sound receiver. So will I be getting surround sound with this initial set up or will I have to buy a sound card to allow for this?

All that for 500? I would try to stick with a name brand PSU.

Yes, sound will come through HDMI too.

It's going to be a tad over 500. I used amazon and newegg along with a few other sites for prices and surprisingly it's not going to be too bad price wise. I can definitely stick in the general range of the budget I set.
I'd like a better PSU, but I'm trying to keep the price down. The one I listed, I found for $86. If you or anyone else can think of a better one that's only a little bit more, I'm open to any ideas.

ok, so far I'm thinking about AMD Athlon II X3 455, Kingston HyperX 8gb Memory, HD Radeon 6850, Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB, Asus 24xDvd Rw Internal OEM drive, DiabloTek 600w power suppy, Rosewill DESTROYER Mid Tower, and possibly this motherboard GIGABYTE GA-MA78LMT-S2.

Before I go buying this stuff, is all this going to be compatible while also leaving open some room for future upgrades?
And when I use the HDMI output on the Radeon 6850 will it carry both the display and audio through this single output to my HDTV? I will be passing this through a HD Yamaha Surround Sound receiver. So will I be getting surround sound with this initial set up or will I have to buy a sound card to allow for this?

It's going to be a tad over 500. I used amazon and newegg along with a few other sites for prices and surprisingly it's not going to be too bad price wise. I can definitely stick in the general range of the budget I set.
I'd like a better PSU, but I'm trying to keep the price down. The one I listed, I found for $86. If you or anyone else can think of a better one that's only a little bit more, I'm open to any ideas.

brocookie
a diablotek 600w for $86 dollars is crazy.
it's like giving a guy $20 dollars for his *chewed* gum. not a whole pack too, just 1 stick.

Amazon.com: Corsair Builder Series CX600 600 watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms ATX 700 CMPSU-600CXV2: Electronics
Amazon.com: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom: Computers & Accessories
Amazon.com: Antec EarthWatts EA-650D Green 650 Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply: Electronics with Amazon.com: Power Cord / Power Cable 3 Prong for PC (Personal Computer) - 6ft (Black): Computers & Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom