BF3 Rank / Fun level

Me and 3-4 other friends usually just all meet up at one guy's house and get into a squad and play together. Way fun being in the same room as your squadmates as its easier to coordinate.

Rank has very little to do with skill. I am a middle of the road gamer but am a colonel 2.

I play the game to have a good time. I am currently gaming with a clan I hope to join. They are all older (my age or so) and most are actual vets. So far it has been a blast but i don't play every day.
This. Watch the people who rank the fastest as they have the most skill. I was playing a game last night against a guy who was service star 100 (Rank 145) and he sucked hard.

Me and 3-4 other friends usually just all meet up at one guy's house and get into a squad and play together. Way fun being in the same room as your squadmates as its easier to coordinate.
Back then they would call this a LAN party.

This. Watch the people who rank the fastest as they have the most skill. I was playing a game last night against a guy who was service star 100 (Rank 145) and he sucked hard.

Exactly what I said previously.

Back then they would call this a LAN party.

We still do; although it's not strictly LAN party, since we're playing as a team online; when I think LAN party, I think everybody hooked up to a single network, not playing online, just against each other. But that's just what I think when I hear the term LAN party.

Exactly what I said previously.

We still do; although it's not strictly LAN party, since we're playing as a team online; when I think LAN party, I think everybody hooked up to a single network, not playing online, just against each other. But that's just what I think when I hear the term LAN party.
Not exactly. You just said what Trotter said. I expanded on it saying watch the people who rank real fast. Those are the good players.

I should have said back in the day, as back in the day you wouldn't be playing online but playing over LAN. That is what I meant, and companies like Dice are killing that experience for some people. I would do the same as you but I don't have the kind of bandwidth to do so and it makes it really hard to get everybody online at the same time.

i am lucky regarding bandwith as sometimes both my sons and I get on together all from one house and get in a squad - yelling to each other - fun, fun but really loud for anybody else in the house as PC's are not in the same room. We often use the cordless phones in intercom mode to communicate to each other.

I don't even know what rank I am anymore.. I played for a little bit then.. meh. it just doesn't interest me like BF2 did :cry:

ya, there certainly seems to be a lot of spots,glitches,hacks,etc. that are utilized by the people that play a lot or have a hack can abuse. I find it is unusual to have a good close game as it only takes a few cheaters or "ubers" ( just really good without cheating at all) to make it a very one sided smear. I did not have that experience with BF2. I wonder are the BF2 servers still working - maybe I will go back to that. My "fav" was 2142 and hope that the hinted 2143 is coming soon and will be great as well.

I really liked the floating ship mode in 2142 - trying to fly in and take over the ship was fun. Also defending it was great. Really required some teamwork to have a great defense or offense. I also liked the different positions you could do on the bridge of the ship. Also being the "captain" of the ship was interesting. There were more specialized roles you could do to help the team. Put up shields in the hallways, fixing the guns on the ship,etc.

Back
Top Bottom