Time for a new computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adri4n

Baseband Member
Hey guys!
I'm a student and I'm on a budget. The price range I'd like to stick with is around $500ish.
I'm looking for a barebones type of computer to hook up and display with my HDTV in my apartment living room.
I'd primarily like to use it for music, photo editing, and most of all gaming. I nearly bought a Mac Mini, but I'd like to review other options first. I realize 500 isn't going to buy the "ideal" gaming computer, but if you had to limit yourself to that price limit would you guys recommend? It's been quite some time since I've had to buy a computer for gaming purposes, so any advice would be great.

is building one an option for you? Are you talking gaming as in MW3 etc or games that don't require allot of juice :)?

Specifically, I'm not not being to picky about what games I can run of something this price range. I'd probably just mainly use this for steam games. I would just like the best option possible considering my price range. I'm not expecting too much.

is building one an option for you? Are you talking gaming as in MW3 etc or games that don't require allot of juice :)?
I guess building one could be an option. I'm not too confident about doing it though. I've been out of the loop for awhile when comes to PC gaming, so I'm not sure if I could even build one for this purpose. I've been sticking with console games for awhile, since my schooling has made me poor :silly:

well I build PCs...also got a site with different builds on it...check it out...You can always build your own..its actually fun...or you can just buy and already built one...stay away from name brands though.

which one do you prefer intel or amd?

well I build PCs...also got a site with different builds on it...check it out...You can always build your own..its actually fun...or you can just buy and already built one...stay away from name brands though.

which one do you prefer intel or amd?

Back when I used to be more into pc gaming I remember liking AMD. If I remember right, it was because it was cheaper.
And I think I might be interested in your site, it looks like the link was removed though.
If you could go on my profile and send me the link in an email, I'd appreciate it.

Not if you go last gen or before, especially with the video card.

Yeah, I actually don't mind going last gen at all. Like I said earlier, I'm not expecting much with this price range. I'm just wanting to get the best that I can considering the budget I set.

i will say go for amd dual or triple core processor, 8gb memory, maybe hd radeon 6850 or around that range, and 500 gb hd...it will be a tight squeeze but if you budget enough for a decent motherboard , oem dvd/cd drive and a case that comes with power supply, you might pull it off

did you get it?

My bad, I typed the price for another part. It's actually only $30. But after some research, I think I'm going for another PSU. I wouldn't want that one blowing up on me or something

6670 is junk really.

go for 6850 and up
Yeah, I thinking of just sticking to the plan of building my own with the 6850.
The next and last thing I need to look into is a different PSU. After some research, I found that the one I mentioned before doesn't seem too trustworthy.

did you get it?

Yes, I got your message thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom