dell studio xps, cpu fan spinning wrong way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithanz

Baseband Member
Just opened my dell xps studio 435mt and the fan is spinning the wrong way, air is being pushed to the front of the comp with the heat being pulled from the heat sink rather than being pushed through the heat sink.

Anybody come across something similar with dells or am I missing something here and there is nothing wrong?

From Dell's website, it shows the fan tunnel pointing to the side of the case. So it can't be blowing to the front. If you never touched it, I wouldn't worry about it.

What do you mean by "the wrong way"? It looks like it is blowing the right way, towards the heatsink. Can you get us a picture?

looks like this one:

studio-xps-435-mt-side.jpg

but I think my fan polarity is reversed so I can feel the air being pushed towards the front of the case rather than feeling air being pushed through to the heat sink and out to the back of the case.

yeah its still under warrenty. I'll get them to do it to save any dramas, plus theres something wrong with the graphics card I need to talk to them about. Funny though, haven't opened it up for three years becasue I didn't want to void any warrenty, only to find this :) I'm sure they will try and accuse me of flipping it over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom