H100 temps, I5 2500k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mischa

Just Epic.
Ok, so, my H100 arrived a couple of days ago. I installed it yesterday and today (the last 20 minutes or so) i have been playing around with overclocking.
Right now I'm at 4.5ghz (I plan on going higher, just testing at this speed first) and im wondering whether these temps look normal.
fe6b21909ab04ccdd7e8fc63f0654c2a.png

Few things to take into consideration, im using AS5 which takes 200 hours (i think) to work best. Not sure what the actual name for that process is(?). Im also not too sure whether I spread it very well so if these temps dont look normal i may try reapplying the paste. Second i only have two fans on the rad at the moment, i plan to get another two for push/pull soon. Also the CPU voltage is on auto at the moment, i havent tried lowering it yet, although im not sure how greatly the voltage affects temps. I will mess around more with it tomorrow when I get more time.

Definitely lower the voltage! You'll get much much much better temps than with it set to auto.

CPU temps look a little warm, but that is because of the voltage.

Mess around to find your lowest stable core voltage, should be somewhere in the low 1.3 range, or lower if you got a good chip.
Bringing the voltage down will bring your temps down.

AS5 does have a cure time, though I'm not sure why you used it instead of the pre-applied paste that comes on the H100.

I don't have a very good chip but I'm perfectly stable @ 4.5GHz, 1.35V. I suggest you try the same as a starting point.

I have a newer chip and 4.5ghz was only stable for me at 1.38. Those temps actually look about right. My rad is copper and my temps were only a tad lower.

I will lower te voltages tomorrow, if I had more time I would have done it earlier.

@Roark, there wasnt a real reason for using the Arctic 5, it was just there and I wasn't sure whether the pre applied was any good. Probably should have checked first, huh? Was the pre applied paste better than the AS5?

I just assumed the pre applied wouldn't be that good like the one on the CPU.

Well, im at 4.8ghz. Im liking these temps, puts the ones i posted in my first post to shame.

e358bad80479d5d8a40af7b703c2d834.png

Im at 1.390v atm. Reckon i could probably lower the voltage by 0.010-0.020. Was unstable at 1.350.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom