So what do you think about this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to wait until the Ivy Bridge processors come out then I am going to see if there is a reduction in price for the 3820 or perhaps, A 6 core such as the 3930K. If there is a reduction in price then I will stick with the Sandy Bridge, otherwise I will look into the Ivy Bridge :)

They wont reduce the price as they are different platforms. They will only reduce the price if AMD comes out with something new or if they replace the 2011 package.

They wont reduce the price as they are different platforms. They will only reduce the price if AMD comes out with something new or if they replace the 2011 package.
Im going to wait on it either way. To be honest, I have completely specced out the entire PC now and I dont want to have to go through the hassle of looking through all of the 1155 socket boards + the ivy bridge processors. Im going to be getting the 3820 unless theres a price drop

Im going to wait on it either way. To be honest, I have completely specced out the entire PC now and I dont want to have to go through the hassle of looking through all of the 1155 socket boards + the ivy bridge processors. Im going to be getting the 3820 unless theres a price drop

There's quite a few options for 2011, too. And while there are more 1155 boards out there, that just means you have a better chance of getting what you really want in a board.

There's quite a few options for 2011, too. And while there are more 1155 boards out there, that just means you have a better chance of getting what you really want in a board.
To be honest, the 3820 is what im looking for, a friend of mine has it and he loves it. The asus motherboard is another compelling feature but tbh, ill be happy with what ive selected :)

He mentioned video editing, and game design for uses of this rig. I am sure he wants the SBE level boards due to the memory volume and the memory controller that is in the CPU. That is one of the major reasons I am going with a 2011 and SBE build as opposed to an Ivy bridge and 1155 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom