On a budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich.begin

Solid State Member
Hey,

Up until now, I've been playing games on my laptop such as knight online and leagues of legend. However, I can't play graphics at high and sometimes it gets hot...

So I found guy selling custom desktops and I would just like your opinion on one of the config that suits my budget. Limited budget: 550$

★Gigabyte H61M-S2P-B3 Intel 1155 motherboard
★Intel Sandy Bridge 3.1 ghz i3 2100 CPU
★8GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 memory
★Gigabyte HD6670 1GB video card
★Seagate 1TB SATA III 7200rpm hard drive
★Asus 24x DVD writer
★Antec 450 watt 80 plus bronze power supply
★Thermaltake V3 gaming PC case

Thx :silly:

Hey,

Up until now, I've been playing games on my laptop such as knight online and leagues of legend. However, I can't play graphics at high and sometimes it gets hot...

So I found guy selling custom desktops and I would just like your opinion on one of the config that suits my budget. Limited budget: 550$

★Gigabyte H61M-S2P-B3 Intel 1155 motherboard
★Intel Sandy Bridge 3.1 ghz i3 2100 CPU
★8GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 memory
★Gigabyte HD6670 1GB video card
★Seagate 1TB SATA III 7200rpm hard drive
★Asus 24x DVD writer
★Antec 450 watt 80 plus bronze power supply
★Thermaltake V3 gaming PC case

Thx :silly:

Is it ok for someone to have a dual core processor (i3) in 2012 for a desktop pc?

anyone has a better suggestion?

I need to settle the deal tonight

Is it ok for someone to have a dual core processor (i3) in 2012 for a desktop pc?

anyone has a better suggestion?

I need to settle the deal tonight
Depending on what you want to do sure, why not? A good friend of mine games on my server every other day with a stock X2 6000+.
Thing about that PC is, H61 means no potential overclock, and the i3 can't be overclocked in another board either. That limits your abilities.
That 6670 isn't going to be very fast either.
Just leaving my 2c, it is worth the money kind of if all the parts are new. Still, I wouldn't pay 550 for that setup.

Like PP said there isn't much room for upgrading down the line.

However it will certainly play the games you want it to play.
So as long as it comes with a genuine Windows license it seems like it will suite your needs quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom