Help! Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raa2001

Beta member
Heres the problem. I built my first pc over the week. Everything worked fine. I even played a game on it last night until 6am. I get up the next day and try turning on my pc and it doesn't do anything. It wont even get show display on the monitor. I turn the power switch on in the back. All of the fans inside of the pc work and all system lights work, but still no display. The system said that system failed cpu test. Does that mean the cpu fried, power supply is not supplying enough power(its a 600watt), the ram, or is it the motherboard. How can a computer just stop working like that when it wasn't even on?

My motherboard has vocal post messages. When i turn on the power it says "system failed cpu test" over and over. Anyways the specs are:

Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard
2.4ghz 800fsb intel pentium 4
80gig hdd
512mb ddr 2700
GeForce 2

What would cause it to have power, but give no display what so ever and say "system failed cpu test? You can't even turn on the computer with the case power switch anymore, you have to go in the back and turn it on.

Ok thanks a lot for you help. I guess I'll try buying a new cpu and make sure I add grease. If that doesn't work then I guess I'll have to send the motherboard back for another one. Do you use any of the messengers from Yahoo, Aim, ICQ, or MSN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom