Upcoming birthday upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife asked me this morning if the $350 was a total amount, shipping and all. That means that this might just happen. IF it does it will be after the Ivy Bridge launch as my birthday is in the middle of May. Yay for good timing.

I am looking at these two mobos. I am shooting low so as to leave enough dosh to cover the CPU, tax, and shipping.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - MSI Z77A-G43 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Both have UEFI, six SATA ports (4x3Gb/s, 2x6Gb/s), a single PCI-E x16 slot (all I need), yada, yada, yada. I am leaning heavily toward the Gigabyte due to it having mSATA, Lucid MVP.

Thoughts on these, or other suggestions along these lines? Like I said, if this happens I will have a max of $350 which has to include shipping and tax (ZIP code 37323). Thanks.

I am Confucius, I understand the desire for mSATA in a laptop, but whats the need/benefit in a desktop?

mSATA allows you to mount a mini-SSD on the mobo so that it can be used for caching. It's part of Intel's Smart Response Technology. I may not be able to afford one now but I want to keep that option open if I can.

Hey Trotter,

May i suggest using ncix us site. Currently the GD boards $14 cheaper, but shippings free over $50 and under 200lbs.

NCIX US - Buy GA-Z77-D3H - Gigabyte Z77-D3H ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 3PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 HDMI CrossFireX/SLI SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard - Gigabyte - Great price and fast delivery

Plus they price match ANY advertised online price.

Thanks for that, mate. Since I will be ordering with cash instead of through my now-extinct NewEgg account I am open to almost any etailer.

Watch out for shipping costs from NCIX, I had considered buying from them before but once shipping was included Newegg and Amazon were far cheaper.

My wife asked me this morning if the $350 was a total amount, shipping and all. That means that this might just happen. IF it does it will be after the Ivy Bridge launch as my birthday is in the middle of May. Yay for good timing.

I am looking at these two mobos. I am shooting low so as to leave enough dosh to cover the CPU, tax, and shipping.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - MSI Z77A-G43 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Both have UEFI, six SATA ports (4x3Gb/s, 2x6Gb/s), a single PCI-E x16 slot (all I need), yada, yada, yada. I am leaning heavily toward the Gigabyte due to it having mSATA, Lucid MVP.

Thoughts on these, or other suggestions along these lines? Like I said, if this happens I will have a max of $350 which has to include shipping and tax (ZIP code 37323). Thanks.

I would go with the MSI, IMHO. Gigabyte SUCKS with RMA/support. In the end it's your choice, they're both feature filled boards, I'm just letting you know that I've had problems with GB, and wouldn't recommend spending hard earned money on a product that they won't support shall it ever give you problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom