So what do you think about this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always take my suggestion and drop down to a 2600k. It'll save you a few hundred.

I wanted to suggest that, but last time I tried to save someone money with a 2600k, there was an outrage... To the OP, if you're willing to spend that much on the processor/mobo, why not wait for an Ivy setup?

I never have an outrage when I backup my reasoning with, the 3820 is simply an over glorified quadcore and people would be better off with the 1155 setup.

Dont worry guys, there will be no outrage. I want the 3820 as I am looking for a cheapish processor with excellent power and the possibility of overclocking. I dont mind paying £220 for a processor which runs at 3.8Ghz turbo'd with 4 cores. Thats fine for anything im going to be using it for as my main use is gaming. If I was seriously into in then I would be looking more along the lines of a 6 core but as of yet, I dont need it. I dont suppose you guys have any links to some info on the Ivy bridge series so that I can check it out before I buy the components could you? I want to be 100% sure I am gonna get what I want :)

Dont worry guys, there will be no outrage. I want the 3820 as I am looking for a cheapish processor with excellent power and the possibility of overclocking. I dont mind paying £220 for a processor which runs at 3.8Ghz turbo'd with 4 cores. Thats fine for anything im going to be using it for as my main use is gaming. If I was seriously into in then I would be looking more along the lines of a 6 core but as of yet, I dont need it. I dont suppose you guys have any links to some info on the Ivy bridge series so that I can check it out before I buy the components could you? I want to be 100% sure I am gonna get what I want :)
Seriously, if you want 4 cores then SB or IB is the way to go. Less power consumption, less heat, less money, and IB is supposed to be about 10-15% faster than current SB CPUs. Since it isn't out yet, there aren't many pre-sample reviews.

Seriously, if you want 4 cores then SB or IB is the way to go. Less power consumption, less heat, less money, and IB is supposed to be about 10-15% faster than current SB CPUs. Since it isn't out yet, there aren't many pre-sample reviews.
When are they likely to be released?

I never have an outrage when I backup my reasoning with, the 3820 is simply an over glorified quadcore and people would be better off with the 1155 setup.

I didn't mean you :wink:

The SB-E processors aren't worth it. Just save yourself the money, and go with a 2600k now, or wait a few days like PP said and grab an Ivy. The 2600k is the best processor I've ever owned, and many others on this forum can vouch for that. But if you wan't some of the newer board features, and a slightly more powerful CPU, wait about a week and get an Ivy bridge, like the i7-3770k.

When are they likely to be released?

April 23 is the rumored date.

I didn't mean you :wink:

The SB-E processors aren't worth it. Just save yourself the money, and go with a 2600k now, or wait a few days like PP said and grab an Ivy. The 2600k is the best processor I've ever owned, and many others on this forum can vouch for that. But if you wan't some of the newer board features, and a slightly more powerful CPU, wait about a week and get an Ivy bridge, like the i7-3770k.

April 23 is the rumored date.
Oh I know. What I meant was, I have never had somebody rage on me for suggesting something "faster" and cheaper. That is of course ONLY if they want the 3820. I used to want it too, but there is no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom