So what do you think about this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeLongGamer

Baseband Member
Hey guys, just signed up and I am looking for some feedback on my new build. The specs are:

Asus Sabertooth X79 Intel X79 (Socket 2011) Motherboard

Intel Core i7-3820 3.60GHz (Sandybridge-E) Socket LGA2011 Processor

Corsair H80 liquid cooling

Thermaltake Chaser MK-I Tower Case

Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC 3GB

Sony Blu Ray

16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

850W Corsair PSU (Might go for a 750W instead)

Crucial 256GB M4 SSD

Seagate Barracuda HDD 2TB

Asus D2X sound card

Firstly, its highly likely that I am going to be getting a 750W PSU, maybe even a 650W though that might be pushing it. As for what im gonna be using it for, well, triple monitor gaming, Games Design work in intensive programs like the UDK, Programming, HD Video rendering and HD Video playback, Image editing including photography based stuff and Music Recording and Production :)

Anyways, feel free to tell me what you think and whether there are better parts to buy etc. Thanks guys and gals :)

all looks good. that case is amazing im using it at the moment its awesome. if i were you i would go for the 850w psu as i find its better to have to much then not enough especially if you upgrade in the future you might not need to buy another psu. one thing with that case is that i recommend getting a second 200mm fan the put up the top and change both of those fans to intake because i was getting a massive amount of dust and doing this created positive air presume which stops dust form getting in as much as well as cooling my pc a bit more as well.

all looks good. that case is amazing im using it at the moment its awesome. if i were you i would go for the 850w psu as i find its better to have to much then not enough especially if you upgrade in the future you might not need to buy another psu. one thing with that case is that i recommend getting a second 200mm fan the put up the top and change both of those fans to intake because i was getting a massive amount of dust and doing this created positive air presume which stops dust form getting in as much as well as cooling my pc a bit more as well.
Cheers for the advice dude. I am unsure as to whether im going to get a 750W or 850W PSU although I will probably end up going for the 750W. As for the fans, I may at some point get the fan controller and more fans then control the whole coloured system that way, I might even get some nice lighting in there but I doubt it, I dont want that much light tbh :D

Anyways, I am planning on getting 3 monitors for this system, firstly I might get 3D monitors, would any of you recommend this? Also, I am going to be using them with the XFX triple monitor stand and I want monitors which have very thin borders/ edges so that there is as small a gap or break as possible between each screen as I dont really want massive black lines showing with the triple monitor setup as much as I can help it. Anyways, cheers :)

If you want to do triple monitor gaming I suggest 2 things
1st: You will want a dual card setup as a single 7950 will lag if the settings are turned up on certain games. Battlefield 3 in particular. Especially if you want 3D.
2nd: Since you chose a quad core SB-E CPU and only 16GB of RAM then I suggest dropping the x79 setup and getting a Z77 setup with a 2700k or a newer Ivy Brdige CPU.

Reason for this is the 1155 CPUs clock better and you get more performance in certain areas. Try to remember, the 3820 is only a quad core CPU just like the 2500k/2600k/2700k.
I also agree on a higher wattage PSU. Whatever meets the budget as long as it isn't under 750w.

I agree with PP on the dual card front. I have 2 7950's (3gb XFX Core Edition) and I can game on three monitors, no lag.
Yeah thats my intention eventually. I am going to buy 1 card then have a useable pc then later on add a second card and crossfire :D

You won't be disappointed with a 7950, it's a great card.
Glad to hear it, I have had a sapphire card before and I loved it, very reliable so im gonna stick with them plus they look a bit better which is going to make absolutely no difference whatsoever :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom