planning on building a laptop cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxarcana23

Solid State Member
I am in the process of looking up materials and whatnot to build my own simple laptop cooler, instead of spending $40+ dollars on a good one.

If anyone knows a little bit about electricity I could use your help. From what I have figured out, most case fans are 12v each. I found people who spliced a computer case fan to a usb connector to plug it into the computer, but the fan does not run nearly to full speed. USB gives out 5V. So I was thinking finding a way to plug the fans into an outlet. The only information that I have found are a few people who spliced the fans into an old phone charger. The phone charger was i think 12v and it was only for one fan.

What I want to do is to have 2x 140mm fans and possibly another 120mm or 80mm, so this would be 36V needed, correct? What would I need to splice the fan wires into in order to get them able to each run at decent speeds?

I just searched amazon for 36V charger. Amazon.com: Brand New Super Fast Battery Charger 36 Volt 1.5 Amp 36v 1.5a 3-prong Inline Female Connector for Electric Scooter Bike ATV: Electronics

Would that be simple enough to work? And the link says the charger is 1.5A, but each fan is only .26A. I am assuming that is not good. This is a first time thing for me and any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom