Internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

asderc

Beta member
Hey, I am using a dimension E521 and I just reinstalled windows vista and I use a net gear usb wireless driver and before it was fine but now it says it is connected, and its getting 54Mbps but if I try to go on the internet it doesn't work. Any response would be helpful. Thanks.

Are you inputting the security key in right? Some WPA routers will let you connect but you aren't actually sending or receiving data. So it appears to be connected but you really aren't. Easy way to check this, is go to network/ network sharing center/ change adapter settings/ right click on the wireless connection/ click status/ and on the bottom where it says activity if one of the numbers is zero then most likely you aren't really connected.

Are you inputting the security key in right? Some WPA routers will let you connect but you aren't actually sending or receiving data. So it appears to be connected but you really aren't. Easy way to check this, is go to network/ network sharing center/ change adapter settings/ right click on the wireless connection/ click status/ and on the bottom where it says activity if one of the numbers is zero then most likely you aren't really connected.

He's right. It's a security measure to make hackers think they are in when they arn't. It also allows the ISP to flag the computer signature. Every PC leaves traces of it's use so the ISP will tell the owner that bla bla person has been attempting to access your network etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom