memtest86 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
I ran memtest86, after 6 hours and 11 cycles of tests it found an error. Is this something to be conserned about? It continued to run for two more hours with no additional errors? Does this mean I have bad ram? Or is everything fine?

Thanks

Are you overclocking anything? You really shouldn't be getting an error that soon if everything is running stock, nothing to be worried about, but sucks that you get an error that soon, more likely to have a problem down the road than others =/

Im not over clocking anything. Even over clocking the vid card or cpu will result in an error on memtest?

I thought there was something wrong with my ram, since I am having problems playing games. Any game after a while has a long pause with the screen frozen, or a long pause with a black screen. I thought it would be a hard ware problem because I had this problem before and after wiping my drive and a clean install. Would the be the cause of the problems in the games, and would I have to replace my ram?

Thanks.

Is there any way to find out what a memtest error means? Is it bad ram or something else? Do i need to replace it? And how long should the test run?

You really shouldn't be getting an error that soon
That soon? I've never left memtest86+ going for more than one single pass and if it makes it all the way through I leave it :D

So then I have nother to worry about? It was on the 11th pass that it found its first error. I stopped it at the 16th pass with no additional errors.

Although if the memory is not the cause of the problem I have, what would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom