Newby

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteeleTech93

Hello all...My name is Adam and im brand new to this forum and for any forum for that matter...so im really a rookie at this...im seeking help with my dell netbook and need advise. My book has two versions of windows 7 on its hard drive. one has a password which nobody knows so the prior owner tryed to bypass by loading another windows 7 disk...windows 7 works but i would like to remove the first version of windows 7 for more disk space. any advise is greatly appreciated...thx:cool:

Welcome adam, im pretty new too but everyone here is nice and helpful.Now for your problem, can't you just delete the second windows? The windows that is running shouldnt have any problems with yoj deleting the files since they are not the os in use.If that doesnt work you could just format the entire drivr(bsck everything up first) and then just load windows back and be fine.

4LPzs.gif

Welcome to the Forums Adam, unless the Drive is not Encrypted useing something like TrueCrypt, can you not try and Boot off the Windows CD\DVD and have a look at what OS's are Installed on the Hard Drive. I think and dont quote me on this but Windows 7 will let you take a look at the OS's Installed and prior OS's such as XP, or if you can Boot off a XP CD and Format and thus Delete the Partition, Create the Partition, and then do a fresh Instalation. I would check with the Admins and Mods, and get Advice of others befor you do mind.

Thanks for the advise...ive tried to delete the first installed win7...now my recovery drive is full but my main HDD is near empty...everything seemed to be ok until the next power up...now my desktop is black with a message stating that "this version of windows has expired" i dont understand because everything is still functioning...and yes lt. shinysides i did backup with a removable drive...is this laptop ok to run like this and if not...im stuck and need more input???thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom