Ultra low cost system challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't recommend open box or refurb items myself. when going "economy' you still need to find a case that will attract everybody. having some gaudy case with lights all over with great big button for the on/off switch isn't the kind of a case that will attract the average users. I usually get things on sale at the egg, the cx430 psu's can be had sometimes for less than $40. and it's a high quality power supply that won't come back to bite you in the butt in 7 months under a one year warranty for a client.
I have found that it helps to have the board fit the case, A cheap mini board does not look good in a Cooler Master HAF case and a full size board does not work well with the Rosewill Blackbone mid size case either.
Going cheap is can be good for resale but it can look really bad if you do not match up the parts prospectively, and take into consideration on who is going to want these types of pc's
If this is going cheap for yourself personally, do whatever you feel !

For a cheap computer like this it will probably get stuffed under a desk or something like that so cosmetics aren't really a problem. Just need something that is cheap and will get the job done quickly.

Logisys sells a 480W power supply for $13.
Newegg.com - LOGISYS Computer PS480D 480W ATX12V Power Supply

you can go very cheap, I do not know of anybody that would recommend using anything like that. I can go cheap but probably around $300. for a build because you need decent parts that will last

Power supply; about $35 to $40
Same for a case...$35 to $40
4 gb memory: $20.
dvd/cd burner: $20
The main board and cpu can vary but I'd think $125 to $175 range
The hard drive is a tough one these days, a 500gb can be had for $75. (unless you know someone with a cloud service that changes out hard drives a lot and asks $40 for a 500gb with warranty left on it.)I got lucky with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom