Taskbar notification area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimSylv

Beta member
Hi, Old newbie here....
I changed the way the time/date is displayed in the notification area on my computer. Now I can't find out how to change it back... How do I change it back again to just display the time, please?
I am running Microsoft Windows XP Professional V 5.1.2600 SP3.0

Thanks, all....

Spread the Love
Sylvia x :heart:

Right click on the clock. There you should see the options to change the Date and Time. Go into the settings and adjust it to how you want it.

Thanks KSoD, but that only lets me change the time & the date, I want to remove the day and date from taskbar notification area, so only the time shows. Mind you, I did create an actual clock, to show on the desktop, so when I click on adjust date & time, that's what comes up....any other ideas? Maybe if I delete the clock? I might save the clock somewhere then delete it & see what happens....no, that didn't work. The height of the taskbar is still increased, by 2 times....I want it to be 1 line only, not three, does that make sense?

Thanks for your reply, maybe I just didn't explain myself very well...

Sylvia x

:wink:

Well you have to right click on the taskbar and select the option to unlock (?) it so that you can mouse over the area and drag it down to 1 line instead of 3. I am not sure if it will work given the fact you created your own clock in the taskbar.

Mind you it has been about 6 or 7 years since I last used XP. So my information is just going off of memory. I do know that there is a way to unlock the taskbar so that you can move it around on the screen. It is at that time you mouse over the top edge and you should see the cursor change to an arrow and allow you to drag the taskbar to a smaller size.

Thanks, Spud, I am a returning 'new' member, I had to re-sign in, as I changed servers....
Have a relaxing interesting Sunday..

Sylvia xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom