usb and wireless adapter issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyjaxskater

Beta member
i own an acer aspire 5552 running windows 7. i have recently changed out the screen, and upon boot up everything seemed to be working fine. a week later i went to connect to a wireless network, and i couldnt even turn on my wifi with the Fn function. nothing displayed on the screen at all. in the device manager i noticed that the wireless adapter wasnt even displayed. i try new drivers from acer, new bios, pulling the battery and holding the power for reset, and a system restore that i dont think went far enough back. so, after that i just admitted defeat and orderred a usb wireless adapter. while awaiting for that part, i got a new laser wireless mouse. when i tryed to plug it in to the 2 usb ports on the right side of my laptop, it didnt work. so i plugged it into the left side, and it did the driver install and worked flawlessly. i tryed plugging in my ipod to the right two usb ports, and nothing happened. the only item i could get to work was the colling pad i own. the usb ports are showing that they are working properly in the device manager, and no driver update is needed. they are all three usb 2.0 ports. i have also tryed updating the bios with an earlier date, deleted the usb ports from the device manager and restarted to reload the drivers, deleted the up file from the registry, and tryed the windows quick fix from microsoft, but all that was said to me during that was update was not required. i am at a lose here. i have no clue what to try next. obviously they are getting power, cooling pad working and all. i just dont know what else to try. please help. thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom