Internet Speed Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
394.3 kilobits per second
Communications 394.3 kilobits per second
Storage 48.1 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 21.3 seconds
Subjective rating Not bad

My wireless seems alot faster than my cabled internet when i have an "excellent" connection. otherwise it's about the same. I laways thought cabled would be faster.

Man, this thread is like a torture chamber. Doing a CNET test, I got 6.3 kbps. :( :( :( The best I EVER connect at is 19.2Kbps. I actually feel physical pain when I realize that I may be dealing with these speeds for the next year or so. :( :( : :mad: :mad:

beedubaya said:
Man, this thread is like a torture chamber. Doing a CNET test, I got 6.3 kbps. :( :( :( The best I EVER connect at is 19.2Kbps. I actually feel physical pain when I realize that I may be dealing with these speeds for the next year or so. :( :( : :mad: :mad:

DSL isn't that much at all...is that an option in your area?

4W4K3 said:
DSL isn't that much at all...is that an option in your area?

No, its not. Somebody does not deal with these speeds by choice. If I had another option, I would take it in a heartbeat. I am currently trying to get cable, but they will have to run the lines out to my house and put in a box, which will take a LONG, LONG time. You know how long it takes cable companies to just install standard cable, let along do a big project like this.

Can you not do satellite? Or is that too expensive? I'm not sure of the price, but it suposedly is an option for anyone anywhere who can't get high-speed internet otherwise.

Satellite will be my last option, but it looks like its going to cost about the same amount to get cable ran out here as it would to install satellite. Satellite is $600 installation and $60 per month after that. And with that, you only get 512k. I will consider that if this cable deal falls through, but I would rather get 4meg cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom