Building myself a present (Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought one, haven't received it yet. I will submit a LEGIT review on TF, and the Egg when I get it up and running though.
One legit on the egg vs the very many idiots. I stopped putting legit stuff on the egg, stopped reading them, and I even recommend people to AVOID reading reviews on the egg. I tell them go Google instead and go to an actual decent tech site to look up the hardware.

I stopped putting legit stuff on the egg, stopped reading them, and I even recommend people to AVOID reading reviews on the egg.
I'm half with you on that.
I ignore the egg rating since people feel its their duty to 1 egg an item if they get a DOA.
However certain things, like learning if you'll need a 4/8-pin extension for you PSU for a given case, can be helpful.

I'm half with you on that.
I ignore the egg rating since people feel its their duty to 1 egg an item if they get a DOA.
However certain things, like learning if you'll need a 4/8-pin extension for you PSU for a given case, can be helpful.
I believe good research on your own is better than trusting the opinion of some moron on Newegg. Just my opinion, because I have seen WAY too many idiots post ridiculous nonsense on there about anything.

get tuniq tx-3 instead of as5

that many fans may sound like a jet engine. 3 or 4 fans should be plenty.

I'm ordering everything off of newegg. Given yes I know some of the reviews aren't legitimate, but I've never had any problems with them. I looked on newegg and I can only find tx-4 and in the description of the product it says that it is better performance than the tx-3. I think that I will get both the tx-4 and the as5. Use the tx-4 on this computer build and then use the as5 on my laptop that always overheats on me. I know 3 or 4 fans might be enough, but I want to use up the spots even if it will only bring down the degrees by 1. And maybe in the future get a decent fan controller.

I bought one, haven't received it yet. I will submit a LEGIT review on TF, and the Egg when I get it up and running though.

Which board exactly did you buy? I am really interested in your review!

And PPMguire, I agree with you that more research on the product is always better than trusting random people's reviews. But even if some of the reviews are faulty and fake, it still has some merit I think because some reviews are real. Just have to figure out which ones to trust. Before I buy, I will research the product and look and random reviews to make my final choice.

I looked on newegg and I can only find tx-4 and in the description of the product it says that it is better performance than the tx-3. I think that I will get both the tx-4 and the as5. Use the tx-4 on this computer build and then use the as5 on my laptop that always overheats on me.
I honestly wouldn't sweat much over the thermal compound. While X is better than Y or Z, its usually only by a few °C.
Your CPU cooler is more of a limiting factor than the compound you get, although if you're pushing to the max every little bit helps.

I use AS5 and have had no problems with it. Bought it since you get about 2x as much for the same price and I had 3 rigs to use it on.

Which board exactly did you buy? I am really interested in your review!

And PPMguire, I agree with you that more research on the product is always better than trusting random people's reviews. But even if some of the reviews are faulty and fake, it still has some merit I think because some reviews are real. Just have to figure out which ones to trust. Before I buy, I will research the product and look and random reviews to make my final choice.

This one:

Newegg.com - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Originally ordered the P8Z77-V LX, but I like this one better. The Armour is cool :thumbsup: I'll upload a review after the board comes, and I get an Ivy chip.

And regarding the reviews, I always do my own research so I have a fair idea of what I need/want. Then I look for user reviews on Newegg and such to see if the product is worth my time. Granted, there ARE a lot of bad reviews on Newegg, but it's fairly easy to spot them, and the good ones from knowledgeable users are always helpful.

Before I bought a very small tube of AS5 I used to use that white stuff companies like Thermaltake used to give with their heatsinks back in the Volcano days. Hasen't really made much of a difference so far.

Well, I ordered a thermal compound for a test run to do on my laptop. From a couple hours of using the web, my once amazing Asus M70v gaming laptop, sadly burns anything it touches. I actually bought the Gelid Solution brand and from reading around the internet, I hardly found anything bad about it at all. And if it does lower the temps on the laptop, I will just use it again on this build. And if not, I will either buy AC5 or the tx-4

Just wanted to say thanks for the help once again. When spending this much on a computer, it is good to get some other people's opinions

You dont really need thay motherboard, if i was going to drop $235 for a mobo i would atleast wait for ivybridge.Save youself like $100 and buy a z68 motherboard.The z77 features are nice but i mean you will get what you need from a z68 just fine.with that extra $100 you could buy some extras. Although i mean $100 wont get you a good headset and everything looks fine.Mabye add the extra 100 and get a gtx 680?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom