How to detect fake CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
piggysmile said:
a DVD specifically
The problem with DVD Movies is that they are getting really clever about it. Every time I heard some one asking me about a Epson R310, I think to myself "Ahhhh Yes. We know what you are doing with it."

Most of the time, it really comes down to sourse. Like if I walk about to china town, 9 times out of 10 my purchase will be a boot leg over a legit DVD.

Eg. Son May Records. Not sure if they are doing DVDs, but I do remember that there Anime Sound Tracks where rather hard to tell that they were bootleg or not.

why is this such a problem? if the CD/DVD works fine you are basically getting the same product...

because copied dvs and cds have a short shelf life as eventualy the dies on the disk will degrade leaving the dics unplayable so you woudent want to spend good money on a fake would you

the person who MAKES the copied DVDs are the pirates, not the consumer. and also, when i burn a video DVD (for personal use of course) to a 4.7 gig disk, the quality is still quite good.

the person who MAKES the copied DVDs are the pirates, not the consumer
Uh, no. By buying pirated DVDs, you are supporting and condoning the act of DVD piracy, so you are no better. You can tell yourself whatever you want, you're just as bad.

ohGrFreak said:
the person who MAKES the copied DVDs are the pirates, not the consumer.

In no way am i being argumentive here, but does that mean if one knowingly buys a stolen car or whatever that they are not guilty of the penal code "receiving stolen property?" It basically boils down to the same thing.

oh well i say im going for the cheapest thing possible, i have a conscience but its easily bought out by free/cheap stuff :D, sorry if anyone is offended but im a poor guy :D

You're not just offending us, pal. You're insulting and robbing the makers of what you're buying copies of. People worked hard to make you those games and movies, and you're showing your appriciation (not to mention breaking federal law) by stealing from them.

You're not a poor guy. snipped
Sorry, but that's just it.

need to watch the insults here shoobierat

this thread is now closed

--jak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom