Crazy Temp Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Man, I made my own PCI Slot fan using an AMD64 stock heatsink fan and using a card that would normally add two more USB ports I attached the fan with screws so it blows on the graphics card, works quite nicely infact, nice 3000RPM on it :D Anywho, normally my temperatures are always in the 30's and now look at this!

lowtemps.jpg

I don't know how it dropped so much! I gave the heatsink a little bit of twisting while trying to plug that fan power in and I wonder if that made a better connection between it and the CPU with the good...hmm cause a 16C degree drop is pretty damn good!

thats crazy... you should start to make custom cases and sell em pre-modded with crazy number of fans and a PSU, you have a certain obsession with fan efficiency, congrats on the good temps

unreal maybe if i go in and kick my hs around a bit ill get a good drop lol,seriously tho nubius thats an insane drop but the trouble is now can you realy trust your temp readings i would be very worried,by the way if you keep adding fans to that case your need your own power plant lol

lol, well I just updated the pic, it was sitting at 10C when I got here from when it sat idling! Man I can't believe that! This fan is being powered from a 3pin connector on the mobo that's why it says PCI Fan cause it's being monitored by the CHA PWR connector... I wish I had a digital camera to take a picture, but I know it's not that fan that made it this cool....

and lol leonidas, as far as modding em out, I don't know how many people would dig my designs, and perhaps I got lucky? Who knows

EDIT: I was just looking in the BIOS and it read 33C back at normal, so I think my computer was reading that because I had just cleared the CMOS so when I fist went into the BIOS it was at 10C and then the motherboard monitor still read that or something, I'm doing some memtests right now, got my PC2700 up to 183 from 166 right now so I'm sure once I reboot I'll see my normal temps ;)

I know, it's all cool and PRO style lookin, but I don't have a digital camera =/.....OH WAIT! Maybe I can put it on my scanner lol, I'll have to try that, but now I dun wanna take it outta my case :p

Here's the PCI Fan card I made myself. It was just to add two more USB ports, so the thing doesn't even connect into the PCI Slot...and since it's a CPU Fan it has RPM detection :D I had to use my scanner for these pics, so they suck I know but you get the idea

pcifan.jpg

the ones for my case mod? I used a regular camera and had the film developed, my dad used most of the film on the roll and I finished it off for that project.

ah, why not buy a disposable for a few bucks and put up a gallery of pics of your case, maybe on your dads website...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom