xione

Beta member
Hello ,
i am bit confused about selecting the best GPU when the choice sets are between
Sapphire radeon HD6870 1 GB GDDR5 TOXIC OC
MSI radeon HD6870 1 GB GDDR5 HAWK OC
Asus radeon HD6870 1 GB GDDR5 DIRECTCU OC
Gigabyte radeon HD6870 1 GB GDDR5 OC

Can anybody suggest me which one to go for?
Since all the cards lie more or less in the same range of pricing....

Well they are all relatively the same. If i had to choose either the asus or msi card would be my choice.I stay away from these cards just because nvidia's cuda core features.

they are pretty much the same. which color do you like the best? get that one

you could probably buy one that is not factory overclocked. you can just overclock it yourself and save some money.

Lt.Shinysides said:
Well they are all relatively the same. If i had to choose either the asus or msi card would be my choice.
jasonalwaysready said:
you could probably buy one that is not factory overclocked. you can just overclock it yourself and save some money.

^ that.

I'm not sure about India, but in the USA its only about a $20 difference between a factory overclocked 6870 and a stock 6950.
You are better off getting a stock card and overclocking it yourself. Personally I only look at MSI, Asus, and XFX.

thanks a lot guys. yeah you all were right for not going for factory overclocked version. But guys i am concerned about cooling capacity, power consumption of these variants. LIke customized heat sink, fan speed ,copper pipe, airflow pattern etc. Anyways as far built quality is concerned i think i shall go for MSI hawk. Thanks guys those were really valuable inputs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom