Encrypted HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFox819

Beta member
Greetings! I am a very new member here and I'd love to get a couple questions answered. I appreciate all of you and I thank you in advance for all your help.

I recently had my Toshiba Satellite A665 call it quits. The motherboard is beyond repair and I'm looking for another computer to use. I managed to pull the HDD from the laptop, for its in very good condition. Now, I want to get the information off it, but I had a password on the user account. The system that was on the HDD was Windows 7 Home. I am currently on my back up computer which is also running Windows 7 Home. The information on this HDD if critical to my school assignments as well as my bank accounts and records. I really hope someone can help me. Thank you so much!

perhaps try running off a linux live CD, such as Slax. You can do it of a memory stick if you don't wont to waste a CD. That should at least allow you to retrieve your data.

Flash Drive, memory stick, same difference.
I was assuming that he was unable to access the hard-drive in windows, but I suppose that he doesn't actually say that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom