Trying to build a Gaming Desktop, First timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenbob22

Beta member
Hello everyone!.

I guess i will start of by stating my goals with a new system. I am looking to build a decent but budget friendly gaming computer. My main current goal is to be able to run World of Warcraft at the highest settings and still get 30 - 40+ FPS or more. I would also like to be able to upgrade the system in the future without to many difficulties.

So, I went to Newegg.com and started picking out parts that i think i need. Here is a list.

case: COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window Price: 69.99

PSU: COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window Price: 84.99

DVD drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Price: 17.99

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500 3.3GHz LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Price 209.99

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Price 89.99

Motherboard: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 ATX Intel Motherboard
Price: 149.99

HD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Price 109.99

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 01G-P3-1556-KR Video Card Price: 139.99

I am looking for any and all input! I would also like to cut this down in price by 100 to 200 if possible without sacrificing my stated goals. Also is all this stuff compatible? are they good brands? like i said, any and all input is greatly appreciated.

op said he wanted to save some money, and the gpu will probably do his stated goal. only way to save more would be to drop to an amd processor and board, which might not be a bad idea if you dont anticipate playing new or demanding games for quite a while.

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback and suggestions! and sorry bout the bad link for PSU.

Here was my original choice.

COOLER MASTER GX Series RS650-ACAAE3-US 650W Power Supply

So everything else i have picked out (and the suggestions) are all compatible right? Im pretty sure i can figure out how to put it all together but it gets a little confusing sometimes when it comes to compatibility.

Also, are there any brands that i have that i should stay away from?

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom