Computer won't turn on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's been a couple months since your purchased it, you may want to contact the person that built and see if they will check it out for you. They might even warranty any failed hardware (imho they should)

I opened it up to look around. One thing was unplugged, that was the power LED, the other thing is the ATX SW however, that was plugged in. I messed around with it for awhile and nothing seemed to work. I then shifted the wires a bit, and what I got from it was a blue LED light on the power button when the system is powered on. That didn't happen before from what I recall. I also took out the PSU and tested it using the paper clip method, and the method worked, the PSU fan was spinning, but when I plug it back into the MOBO, it doesn't work, nothing turns on but that blue LED light on the power button in the front. No sign of power, no fan, or anything. I also tried to remove my 4gb of ram memory, that did nothing. I don't know what else can be done, help please? I spent a decent dollar on it..

Problem #1: your psu is pretty much messed up.
If your system is giving you a very faint sign of led from the psu, that means your psu is gone and needs to be replaced.

Have you tried taking another psu briefly and trying to get it to power on your system ?
You should get some sort of life out of your mobo/cpu.
Lastly, check your led wires leading to your mother board and follow the tiny diagram on it and make sure its hooked up correctly.

Simple things like that, can't make any guy crazy for the next 6 hours or so. ;)

Problem #1: your psu is pretty much messed up.
If your system is giving you a very faint sign of led from the psu, that means your psu is gone and needs to be replaced.

Have you tried taking another psu briefly and trying to get it to power on your system ?
You should get some sort of life out of your mobo/cpu.
Lastly, check your led wires leading to your mother board and follow the tiny diagram on it and make sure its hooked up correctly.

Simple things like that, can't make any guy crazy for the next 6 hours or so. ;)

I tested the PSU with a multimeter and everything read fine. It was working perfectly.

I tested the PSU with a multimeter and everything read fine. It was working perfectly.

So, if your psu is working on another system but not on this one ?

Contact biostar through email technical support, if someone is working on the weekend, they may answer you or they may wait until monday.

Biostar USA

After all of the drama you had, I would be blaming the motherboard right about now.
When they ask to describe whats happening with it, follow this thread and give them the end result answer you have gotten from tech-forums.

If they didn't go by business policy procedure, I would let the tech-support technician read this and see what he thinks. '_'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom