Determining GPU Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModernMessiah

Solid State Member
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate
Motherboard - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) (FRYS.com*|*MSI)
PSU - RaidMax RX-1000AE
CPU - Intel Core i7 2600K
Case - Cooler Master HAF 922

I am trying to find a graphics card that will suit my needs. I am looking for something that will have no problem running everything out there. I don't have a preference. I just have tried to do a bunch of research myself, and am running in circles because I don't even know where to begin. I am fine with some games having the graphics lowered a little on certain games, but I am just seeing what everyone is using. Maybe see what someone thinks would go good with my setup without breaking the bank too much, but being able to handle random things I throw at it. I can double up if needed later down the road.

Thanks in advance.

Well i mean you didnt really say what your primary use shall be.if you want a card that can handle modt gsmes but nothing extreme and fits in with daily tasks i would recommend a gtx 550 ti.i would look on newegg for thay.thats an all around card that should get the job done.its not as powerful as the gtx 570,580, or 680 or the radeon 6000 series but its more of a consumer card that should be fine.if you want a little more power without hurting your wallet the gtx 560 or radeon 6850 should give you a bit more juice.

Thanks. Sorry. I am really going to be only using this computer for games. Mainly Diablo 3, but if some other games come out that I don't want to buy for my PS3 I may get them later. I really only use the PC for gaming, and I have an everyday computer I use for everything else.

Diablo 3 doesn't take much to run.
550ti like above would good enough for diablo 3, 560 ti would be great.

Mind if i make couple suggestions?
drop the win 7 ultimate, go for home premium.
drop the i7 2600k, go for i5 2500k. for gaming, there is like 3% difference in performance between the 2 processors. and sometimes the 2500k comes out ahead still, about 3% difference. but you get my point.

with these modifications, you could probably spring for the gtx 570 or gtx 680 even, depending on your budget. which would last you a very long time.

I will swap versions of 7, but I already have the CPU lol. I am just trying to get a good idea of a decent graphics card that will have no problem playing 80% of the games coming out. Doesn't have to be on the highest graphics in saying that.

You purchased windows? LOLWAT?

Yes Purchased it. Cause on this site as per our rules, Piracy is not allowed to be discussed openly. If you read the rules, you would know this.

5) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents. The links provide the information needed.

So laugh all you want. But if you dare bring up anything about pirating it, you will be in trouble and excused faster than it took you to register for the site.

Yes Purchased it. Cause on this site as per our rules, Piracy is not allowed to be discussed openly. If you read the rules, you would know this.

5) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents. The links provide the information needed.

So laugh all you want. But if you dare bring up anything about pirating it, you will be in trouble and excused faster than it took you to register for the site.

What he said ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom