Building comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeap,...i hate intels thermal pad...i use AS3 on my pc's. just a small,small,small..amt on the chip and a little on the heatsink.

on the heatsink,..you'd have to rub the paste on so that it'll get in between the small gaps...then on the chip,...you have to use a flat tool like an edge of a credit card, to spread the paste thinly...

man, it was like being a surgeon...you have to maintain all surfaces and tools clean,dust and lint free.

Personally I would go with the AMD, even though they run hotter, the Barton processors are quite nice and perform at similiar levels compared to the P4, and are easier to overclock and can really take a beating. However it depends what u wanna do. Applicationwise I would go for the P4 because of the high FSB and the hyperthreading technology. Gameswise, I would go for the AMD Barton because of its raw speed and sweet overclocking . But the ultimate decision is up to you. If money is an issue stick w/ the AMD (cheaper) Currently the Barton is like $250 and a good mobo is like $80

ok i have a problem with these stupid processors, my friend tells me to get the AMD and the guy above me says AMD and it seems that alot of gaming people use AMD, so why is the AMD that has a slower sidebus and a slower core speed then the Intel. what makes a slower processor better. please someone answer this question for me and im sure others could use this info too. thnx alot.

it may look that way,..but actually,..AMD is a lot faster than INTEL....

man,..this is the fourth time I've mentioned this in this forum...anyway here it goes again...

lets say you have an AMD at 1.5ghz and an INTEL at 1.5ghz.....AMD will actually perform a lot faster. a 1.5ghz amd has the same performance of a 2ghz p4. this is because of amd superior and efficient core architecture. Intel..doesn't boast the same level of efficiency the amd has....thats why a 2ghz p4 will actually be or have the same performance of a 1.5ghz amd

now,..although amd boasts such efficiency at low core speeds,..intel processors on the other hand, are generally rests inside a pc thats compatible with third-party hardware and software.

a little confusing is it,,...thats why if you are a gamer,..you'd go for AMD and if you just use various applications and mainly use your pc for tasks other than gaming,..you'd want an Intel.

but this is not always the case...

devlish96 said:
it may look that way,..but actually,..AMD is a lot faster than INTEL....

man,..this is the fourth time I've mentioned this in this forum...anyway here it goes again...

lets say you have an AMD at 1.5ghz and an INTEL at 1.5ghz.....AMD will actually perform a lot faster. a 1.5ghz amd has the same performance of a 2ghz p4. this is because of amd superior and efficient core architecture. Intel..doesn't boast the same level of efficiency the amd has....thats why a 2ghz p4 will actually be or have the same performance of a 1.5ghz amd

now,..although amd boasts such efficiency at low core speeds,..intel processors on the other hand, are generally rests inside a pc thats compatible with third-party hardware and software.

a little confusing is it,,...thats why if you are a gamer,..you'd go for AMD and if you just use various applications and mainly use your pc for tasks other than gaming,..you'd want an Intel.

but this is not always the case...

Couldnt have said it better buddy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom