First Build, Lets Hope this is compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Laurie

Beta member
Helllllo everybody!

Heres the situation, I am in the process of looking at components to build my first rig. It will be used for browsing as well as gaming (i.e. LoL, BF3, Diablo3) so it needs to be fast and be able to operate well under heavy loads. My budget is ~$1000USD, and I don't mind going over that if it is better quality and more bang for my buck. I'm hoping everything will be compatible that I have chosen, if not please let me know and if you have any recommendations on what I may/may not need, PLEASE feel free to let me know. I have included a list of my current parts, the only one I do not have yet is a case. I am open to suggestions, the only thing I am looking for is a side view panel and some nice LEDS:grin:...Also if I forgot a component, let me know as well hahaha

Thanks in advance for all your help. Once everyone tosses in their input and I know everything is compatible, I will start purchasing all the components.

Case : ???
PSU: Rosewill CAPSTONE Series CAPSTONE-750 750W Continuous @ 50°C, 80 PLUS GOLD Certified, Single +12V Rail, ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active - PFC Power Supply

MotherBoard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K

Graphics Card: EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1573-KR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL

HD: Samsung by Seagate Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ/ST500DM005 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

it looks good, dont get a Z68 board, you arent going to be using the features it has to offer, a P67 board will do just fine.

Well, I'm glad to see that I remembered everything, does anyone have any suggestions about what kind of case I should get that'll have enough room and vents/fans so it doesn't overheat?

A good cheap case is a cooler master storm enforcer.Its not a top model but its a good first build case.If you have some extra money buy a coolermaster haf series case.they are designed for high air flow(hence haf) just go on newegg and look around your price range.My case is the storm enforcer and i have no problems with it.im buying it again for a second build since mine has a massive crack on the side but that was my fault well actually my cat pushed.it off my desk..thankgod it didnt have parts inside(was working on cable mangament so i was going.ham with a dremel)lol.

Cases are a personal thing. Some people like flash, others, not so much.

Like suggested, go to Newegg and check out the cases in your price range. But you can also tailor the search for the number of fans you want and what size they are. Typically, you want to look at a case with at least 2, 120mm fans included. (most cases will give you the option to add more on your own) but I have this case , and it's a very nice for the money. I just replaced the front blue fan, since I don't like lights.

Newegg.com - Rosewill Smart One ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, Black interior, comes with three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, 1x Top 120mm Fan, Option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

A good cheap case is a cooler master storm enforcer.Its not a top model but its a good first build case.If you have some extra money buy a coolermaster haf series case.they are designed for high air flow(hence haf) just go on newegg and look around your price range.My case is the storm enforcer and i have no problems with it.im buying it again for a second build since mine has a massive crack on the side but that was my fault well actually my cat pushed.it off my desk..thankgod it didnt have parts inside(was working on cable mangament so i was going.ham with a dremel)lol.
I think I'm probably the only person in existence that doesn't like the HAF cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom