Notifications

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I noticed that we no longer get notifications on the right bar. So I won't know if I got a PM. And I don't have it set to e-mail me when I do get a message. That was a nice feature.

So now I have to check periodically throughout the day?

Edit: Oh, using Firefox 11.0 if this matters.

PM's will give you a pop up if you get one. But I just got a notification this morning about a message. Might just be the browser. I am using Chrome and got it.

If you never get a pop up, then you disabled that in your User Control Panel. Cause that is how it is set by default.

Nothing happened to it. As already stated, I got the notification just this morning personally. So how could something have happened if it is already stated to be working in a different browser? That means that it has to be something with your preferences or your browser. Cause nothing has changed on site. If something has changed than Janet and the team did not notify Trotter or myself of any updates that were done. There is nothing stated that there was any work done on the site since the last update was done.

Check your browser setup and check your preferences. Cause site wise nothing has changed and it is working for me in Chrome just fine.

No, on the right, there was My Profile, Settings, Notifications, and then Private Messages. I do not see Notifications.

Well then change your settings in your User CP so that when you get a new PM, you get the pop up. Simple solution for a simple issue. I don't use the sidebar, just like many others. So having the notification button there is useless. I will ask Janet and the team, but I would highly suggest that you turn on the default setting of the pop up, cause once we go back to vB 3.8, that wont be there anymore anyways.

Can you try deleting your cache? I am seeing notifications and using the same browser version.... so this is a bit baffling. Let's try the simple stuff first ;)

I deleted my cache just now.

This is what I see:

tf_notif.png

Is this like a user-based thing? So mods can see it but not me?

Back
Top Bottom