rc410-m2 rev2.1 motherboard wont post

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliver lee

Baseband Member
Hi all,
I'm new to these forums so not sure if this is the right place but...

I've got a computer built using the motherboard and CPU from an acer aspire T650-8B7E, and various parts from everywhere else.
The problem is that it wont POST. Pressing the on button causes the CPU and system fan to spin as well as the hard drive, the lights on the keyboard flash briefly but there is no output to the screen. If I then power off the machine and then try and power on, the fans spin for 0.5 secs and then nothing. I have to unplug the mains cable and then try and power on. Also if I leave the machine with the cable plugged in it will randomly start every 5 mins or so, but still no POST.

Really not sure what to do, I've tried with a variety of RAM cards with no difference, as well as trying the on-board graphics and an ATI saphire HD 3650. The only thing of note is when I try the ATI card then fan attached to it doesn't spin. If anyone has got any ideas they would be much appreciated

Thanks!

Mandatory check. Did you plug in the 4-pin CPU power cord? When you started up with your GFX card, did it have a 6-pin PCI-e port on it?

What are all your system specs? Your PSU might be to blame, what make and wattage is it?

yeah I plugged in the 4-pin. On GFX card do you mean the 6pin power connector? The 3650 doesn't have one. On the board it connects to a standard PCI-Express slot.

The power supply is 300W HEC 300vp-2re, not entirely sure what the processor is because I cant remember, but I think its an intel pentium D 420. The harddrive and CD drive are de-attached.

Thanks so far!

Yeah, the CPU shouldn't matter.

Did you try resetting BIOS?

Do you have an internal speaker on the PC? If you take all the RAM out, it will beep at you. If it does not, then I'd firstly blame the PSU. If perhaps a new PSU does not work, then your board is bad.

You should get a new PSU nonetheless. That's nowhere near high quality.

If you mean clearing the CMOS then yes. I'm not sure I can flash the bios without loading into it first.

I know the psu nothing special, but I've had it working before. I'm not sure if I've got a spare one with the right connections.

Unfortunately I don't have an internal speaker, but If the CPU was not functioning would it still generate beeps?

The CMOS battery, yeah.

It could have easily crapped out on you.

The BIOS has several beeps for everything. I doubt your CPU is the problem.

ok thanks, I'll buy one of those diagnostic cards and see what it says

thanks for your help!

Problem sorted, I replaced the cpu with another one and it started up fine. The random booting up was because of a setting in the BIOS which caused to switch on after a power failure. I'm not sure if the cpu is dead of just not-compatible

Thanks MidoverMaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom