optorite dvd burner pos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Hello all. I have updated my optorite's firmware twice, and looked for updated drivers as well. That seemd to have fixed the problem temporarily. Here is what the burner does now:

Burns/reads/handles files and music on CD-Rs quite well speedily. CD-Rs are not a problem now.

Refuses to read blank DVDs, ghost writes DVD-Rs (looks like it's writing, but nothing gets burned). When idle (no disk inserted) the drive says that's it's a DVD-RW drive, which it is, but the moment I insert a real blank DVD, it changes it's status to a CD-R only. The DVD-R media, well oops, change that, the DVD+R media I use is the same media I always have, even when I had great sucess in burning to DVD.

So, it hates DVDs, has updated firmware, it's not the media, the CD-Rs still work like new. Any suggestions for a quick fix? I am most likely getting either a new DL DVD/DVD-+R/CD-R combo from Plextor or Lite-On when Christmas rolls around, but what should I do till then?

Thanks everyone!

ohGrFreak,

What about other burning software packages? Did you try any?
Reinstall your windows aspi drivers too.

Sign
codes:)

i use nero, always have, worked great for my whole time using burners, worked great for my last dvd burner, worked great for this burner until recently, i reinstalled nero once, but that didn't have any effect.

hmmm, aspi drivers? what's aspi? i'll see if ASUS.com has any newer drivers for my P4P-800E Deluxe, but I'm sure i have the up to date ones.

ohGrFreak,

Google's 'define' - ASPI :

Advanced SCSI programming Interface. A standard SCSI software interface that acts as a liaison between host adapters and SCSI device drivers. ASPI enables host adapters and device drivers to share a single SCSI hardware interface.

You can search for aspi drivers in google and update/reinstall them.
Also try using alcohol 120% .

Sign
codes:)

optorite = Junk

everybody that has ever had one, has had a simlar problem as you

you think after a few years that they will fix the problem if they want to stay in business, but they obviously don't care

the only drivers for my mobo that ASUS had listed are the RAID drivers, audio drivers, SATA drivers, and LAN drivers, and all those are up to date.

They did have some BIOS updates that i haven't messed with yet.

EricB said:
optorite = Junk

everybody that has ever had one, has had a simlar problem as you

you think after a few years that they will fix the problem if they want to stay in business, but they obviously don't care

would you reccomend either Plextor or Lite On burners? I know that Plextor is supposed to be the cat's meow, but Lite On is much cheaper, but I've also heard good things about it too.

I now know that Optorite is crap because I've posted about problems here before for that and people have told me that Optorite is junk. I should have picked out every single part by hand, but I left a few things up to my builder, and the burner was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom