I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
So i got a pc of a guy, did a swap, laptop for desktop.

This pc has.

Q6600 @ 3.0GHz OCED
P5Q DELUXE Motherboard.
6GB DDR2 RAM.
1TB Hd
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

He had the CPU oc'ed to 3ghz. I was wondering would i beable to put it back to stock? He said it would bottleneck the GPU if i did? the GPU isnt OC'ed, its just the CPU. He said it will knock 18% off the gpu power if i was to put it back to stock?

I just had a driver crash, for the graphics card, for some weird reason, and its never happend since i had the pc.

Could anyone suggest what i should do?

Even though I (was) on AMD, I would get occasional Video Driver crashes with my OC. Same happened with my previous build (i7-875k @3.3, GTX 460, 6gb). It happens. As long as you have all your data backed up, and it's not happening every hour, you should just leave the OC, IMHO. Does the GPU have sufficient cooling? What case does it have?

Even though I (was) on AMD, I would get occasional Video Driver crashes with my OC. Same happened with my previous build (i7-875k @3.3, GTX 460, 6gb). It happens. As long as you have all your data backed up, and it's not happening every hour, you should just leave the OC, IMHO. Does the GPU have sufficient cooling? What case does it have?

I have a gamer/server case. which is pretty rubbish, lol The temps i get on the gpu are 39oC. and like mid 40's when i play wow. But i have EVGA Precision running all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom