video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

aharri41

Beta member
Hey all, I am about to build a computer for my first time now that I have the money to do so and I have just a quick question.

I have been doing my research on a lot of parts but I wanted to get some real life opinions and not read them from an article. In my new computer, I want to have a pretty good video card in it. And what I have it down to is either the 570 or the 580. I could spend more money and get better performance now on the 580. Or should i buy the 570 right now and when newer games that demand more power, put the 570 in sli.

I have the money to do either right now, but I keep switching back between the two of them. The main reason that I keep changing my mind is that from what I read, the 570 is a lot more "bang for your buck". But it will not be as powerful as the 580. I want to be able to play pretty much any game on ultra settings with 1920x1200 resolution on my monitor.

Thanks for any advice

I have a 570, and the only game so far that I cannot play on "ultra" is Metro 2033. (But I do NOT play MW3, BF3, etc...)

Bang for your buck would be the 560 ti or the 448 version. I know some of the folks here have them and also play very well.
Later on you could SLi that card and extend the life out or buy a 680. :p

PP Mcquire has the 580 and has nothing but good things to say about it.

So I guess it would come down to what you want to spend the money on. What is the rest of your setup like? maybe we could help get you an optimal setup?

Check out some of the signatures for examples. Mine, PP Mcquire's, Trotter's, to name a few.

Welcome to TF

Nukem,idt anyone could play metro 2033 on ultra.that game is such a power hungry creation.That should be todays benchmark loo.but i currently have two 550 ti's in sli and i can play bf3 on ultra(50-55 fps) and skyrim on ultra(58-60 fps) so what i would do is unless you plan on buying the second 570 within a month than sli the 570's.but if you want to buy a card and wait a bit and get the 580.it should last you a bit linger.but like i said ny 550's tear through games pretty good.so a 580 will be like nothing.whichever honestly you choose should be fine. Also nukem, you getting metro 2034? I will but im afraid since its supposed to have intense minimum system req.like 6GB ram and directx11 support lol.

I played Metro 2033 on Ultra DX11 with no AA fine on a 465. With the 580 I can enable AA with no lag. Worst part is, it doesn't look too much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom