Looking for a new keyboard now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the question for me because of that horrendous spacebar :tongue:

Just ordered it. We'll see how much I like this one. I've heard nothing but good things about mechanical keyboards :tongue:

You will love it, iFargle. I wish I had another one to take to work.

It looks really nice. Noise doesn't bother me all that much since when I game I either have my headphones on or have my normal speakers pretty loud. I was extremely dissapointed with the backlighting on the G510 as well... The lack of edge glow didn't bother me. The keys, even at maximum brightness, weren't bright enough. I didn't have a use for the display... I just displayed system stats on it (RAM, CPU usage, etc). The G keys on the left were nice, but were a little awkward. ie, when I went to hit the ESC key I'd always end up hitting one of the G keys. But what really made me take it back was how gummy the keys were... I didn't think it would be that big of a deal to me, but it was bad... This new one will be here on Tuesday (yay Amazon Prime!) so I'll make a mini-review or something :tongue:

Well, the keyboard just came in. Let me tell you, it does not disappoint. The back lighting is just as good if not better as my Saitek III. It's very easy to type on too (albeit pretty noisy :tongue:)

It's a very no-frills keyboard. No extra buttons at all. Looks very nice and minimalistic (something I've been striving for.. sort of)

I'm going to give myself a few more days to get used to it before I say more. From my initial impressions, if you're looking for a red backlit mechanical keyboard, look no further :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom