Looking for a new keyboard now

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
Just bought a new mouse (thanks Fat.Clown!) and am now looking for a new keyboard. I'd prefer to stay under $100, but if it's good (mechanical I will consider), I'd happily go over. What I want:

red backlit keys
preferably some hotkeys, doesn't matter where

And that's about all I require. Right now I'm on an old old Saitek III I've had for ages.

I bought a Logitech G110 not that long ago, and it performs quite well for me. I can bounce back and forth between colors and it has 12 "G" keys that you can profile.

I bought the razer lycosa, and to be honest I liked the layout, but the only reason I didn't keep it, was I got sent the wrong one... It was a Spanish version. but it also only had touch pad type of keys for the play/stop/FF/RWD buttons... I didn't like that feature all that much.

The G110 feels like it should. it also has a neat little feature that lets you lock out the windows key so you don't screw up your games if you hit the wrong key. :p

Now i'm really looking at the g510... That LCD screen is a bit gimmicky, but the lighting and the 18 G keys along the side look really nice :omg:

very nice. the 110 is almost identical, minus the extra row of G and the LCD screen, but the rest looks exact. What I like about that one is the many different colors. the 110 is stuck to about 3, plus variations of the color. Blue/Red/Purple... but 90+ for a KB was too expensive for me.

Now that I have got a mechanical keyboard I don't know if I could ever go back to a membrane one. Seriously, it is a huge improvement to use one. They are not cheap but they really are worth it.

The only backlit mechanicals I see are the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate versions and the Mionix one, but the Mionix one has got some poor reviews.

I saw another company.. I think they're called Max Keyboards or something. I'm a little wary because I've never heard of them :tongue: And it's $150... If I can find it again i'll link.

Jesus, you people spend some serious cash on keyboards, then again, I can understand why, been playing a few games where I need to hold multiple keys at the same time, and these $50 keyboards just can't do it because of them not having enough circuits for all the keys. Stupid membrane keyboards.

Now that I have got a mechanical keyboard I don't know if I could ever go back to a membrane one. Seriously, it is a huge improvement to use one. They are not cheap but they really are worth it.

The only backlit mechanicals I see are the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate versions and the Mionix one, but the Mionix one has got some poor reviews.
ducky shines
Ducky Shine Keyboard - MX Overclock.net Edition - DK9008S - ABS Red

i linked a red mx cherry switch kb, but they do offer others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom