Static/surge? Any help would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

perentie

Beta member

Hey guys, I recently built a new pc and its all working great except..

whenever i turn off my desktop fan for instance it sends some kinda static or power surge to my usb sockets which disconnects anything thats plugged in there then reconnects moments later.
It aint just my desktop fan that causes this, i also have a beer cooler at the other side of the room and whenever that resets itself to begin the cooling cycle it also disconnects/reconnects my usb sockets
any ideas how i can fix this? and more importantly is it dangerous to my pc?

forgot to mention my pc is plugged into a surge protector which in turn is plugged into a different outlet to my fan/fridge

also forgot to mention this never use to happen to my old pc which didnt use the usb for keyboard and mouse, it used those green/purple adaptors but i never had any problems with disconnections, this new pc dont have the sockets for those green/purple adaptors

any help would be great thx in advance

Are the two outlets on the same power line? Could be causing a surge of power. Your new system may take more power than your older one.

Are the two outlets on the same power line? Could be causing a surge of power. Your new system may take more power than your older one.

more than likely yeah, i use one for the pc/tv etc which i turn off at night, the other i use for the cooler etc which i cant turn off, but im sure they run off the same powerline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom