Forum bug

Actually, IMO, I was correct. In a sense that I didn't know the test site died with Larry. So I'm right but wrong.

No it is not correct in any sense. As per your exact words and I quote:

I know they do.

No where in there is there any sense that you think the test site is not in existence at all. You stated like it was a fact that we do have a test site, even with the new owners. The statement is wrong, completely. There is no other sides to it than that. These are the facts. I am correcting the facts so that our members dont think that we are pushing out updates when we could be testing them, which is not the case at all.

Another fact is that such statements misrepresent the site and the administration. It makes it look like we are doing things without thinking them through. Which is not the case. The update was pushed out cause there was some major flaws in the software, something Trotter already stated. It was an update that was necessary. Yes it broke the skin, but that is always the case. I cant remember a time when a vB update with version 4 has not broken the skin. It has been addressed and fixed.

I am not arguing nor fighting about this. I am stating facts and correcting false statements made. Nothing more.

I knew they did have one prior to your saying. Your saying not so, made my words false. This could've gone a bit different? ;)

You would think the people that write these updates would keep compatibility with skins intact instead of always breaking them.

And if this version had been written by the original vB team it probably would have been fine, but it wasn't since they all quit and formed their own company when vB changed hands.

Which will be the best quality I will assume? ever since this 4.1.11 update all the login stuff is a little uh screwed up I guess? And it's more annoying than anything.

It should. it was the last release by the original team.

Which is now Xenforo... have you tried it out it's awesome! Not as good as IPB though as it lacks some features, but it's my 2nd choice in forum software. It's super freakin fast!!!

VB people that made 3.8 made Xenforo and they got Kier Darby founded it and they started fresh like they wanted to with VB4 but Internet Brands (which bought Jelsoft) wanted agile dev. and wanted to tack on stuff rather then rewrite the VB4 core from scratch. Kier and his team did not want to do that so they left VB/IB and then went to make Xenforo.

Back
Top Bottom