New hardware giving me bsod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eveace

Beta member
So i was all super excited today, i got my asus m5a97 and 12gigs of g.skill ram. but when i swapped my processor over to the new mobo (amd phenom II x4 3.2) it gets to the windows loading screen with the little balls and about halfway through the animation it gets choppy and then i bsod. cant get a minidump :/. Is the ram not compatible with the mobo or did something happen to my processor? I have no idea whats wrong. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

sometimes when changing either the mobo or processor the original windows installation wont work properly. I bet if you swapped it all back it would work.

usually this is a problem when you upgrade the CPU but i can only guess the mobo does it too. its the only thing i can think of.

It won't boot because the new board has different drivers. Microsoft states that an oem version of windows is tied to the motherboard, if you replace the board, your supposed to get a new oem copy of windows. This does not apply to retail versions, so can can preform a clean install with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom