Over clocked Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
So, the guy i got this pc off has the Q6600 overclocked to 3ghz.

My pc seems to lag, and everything just freezes, but then unfreezes.

Do you guys think it has a bad overclock or something?

When i cleaned the pc out, it went back to stock. I told the guy and he said it will bottleneck the GPU, if i dont re-overclock it?:doh:

Even overclocked it is bottlenecking the GPU. You will need to make sure it is stable and if it isn't then you will need to apply more voltage.

See, ive never done OC'ing befor, so i dont know what to do, lol. He told me what to do by putting it back to 3ghz.

So, im kind of stuck! :(

What do you mean add more voltaged, to what the cpu?

He has told me to put it back to

Fsb - 333
Ratio - 9
CPU Voltage - 1.25

I previously had a Q6600 and it was bottlenecking even my 560 Ti. I'd just reset the CMOS on the board and everything will go back to stock.

See, ive never done OC'ing befor, so i dont know what to do, lol. He told me what to do by putting it back to 3ghz.

So, im kind of stuck! :(

What do you mean add more voltaged, to what the cpu?

He has told me to put it back to

Fsb - 333
Ratio - 9
CPU Voltage - 1.25
I'm extremely tired so I can't really write up an essay here, but basically you need to go into the bios and set the settings he said there. Just raise CPU voltage up more than 1.25 to maybe 1.28 or 1.3.

Ah ok.

So i just need to put voltage to 1.3. Will it stop my pc from lagging/freezeing? :D

*EDIT*

Sorry, i should of said i have allready put these to the settings. And it still sometimes freezes/lags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom